Nourish bowls are simple to make and a great way to put together a bunch of ingredients you already have in your kitchen. The ease of putting several different nutrient-dense things into a bowl and calling it a meal just makes it taste better. Bowl meals become perfect lunches and dinners, and makes it all work in a way that a plate cannot.
MAKE NOURISHING BOWL MEALS
Every bowl meal is complete with: healthy fats, protein, greens, veggies, grains, and toppings. You can use fresh herbs like basil and cilantro, spice blends (like my favorite dukkah!), and whip up some homemade sauces to give your bowl some extra delicious flavor. Salads, pastas, grains and veggies all count as bowl food!
Here are ingredients to nourish and inspire you:
Greens: spinach, kale, parsley, bok choy, arugula, kale, chard, butter lettuce, mizuna, broccoli leaf, collard greens.
Proteins: tofu, beans, quinoa, lentils, nuts, seeds, tempeh
Fats: avocado, olive oil, olives, nuts, seeds, coconut oil, sesame oil, tahini
Veggies: broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers, zucchini, peas, radishes, broccoli, cauliflower, squash, bok choy, carrots, red cabbage, etc.
Carbs & starches: sweet potatoes, quinoa, farro, brown rice, beans, strawberries, apples, berries, etc.
Toppings: homemade salad dressings (like my favorite mix of pesto, cashews and lemon for a creamy green dressing), dukkah, nutritional yeast, hummus, fresh lemon juice, and I’m a fan of good old fashioned freshly ground black pepper! Also I love making a dressing with tahini and sesame oil for a nutty salad/bowl sauce.
Favorite nourish bowls:
- Sriracha tofu, farro, chickpeas, avocado, spinach, roasted beets, lime & lemon juice, fresh ground pepper and heaps of dukkah seasoning
- Arugula, brown rice & quinoa 50/50 mix, fruity olive oil, avocado, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, Artichoke Pesto
- Sautéed spinach, quinoa, roasted broccolini & asparagus, black beans, bbq tempeh
- Butter lettuce, grated red cabbage, grated carrot, radish slices, crispy tofu, jalapeño slices, creamy cilantro pesto
- Farro, fennel, almonds, pumpkin seeds, apple, golden beet, chickpeas, roasted cauliflower, celery and pomegranate seeds
Try these nourishing bowl meals:
- Italian Spring Salad with Field Roast Italian Sausage
- Radicchio Quinoa Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
- Watermelon Poke Bowl
- Chinese Veggie Quinoa Bowls
- The Blonde Salad
- Lemon Pepper Papardelle with Artichoke Pesto
- Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo in Creamy Sauce
- Chow Fun Noodles
Free Instagram Secrets
Use These 5 Tools to Grow Your Instagram