Make your morning green with my Matcha Tahini Green Smoothie. I’ve been getting a huge dose of greens lately, blending up two and sometimes three green juices a day. Yet sometimes I crave more than just green juice! If you’re a smoothie lover with a taste for the greens, you’ll love boosting up your mornings and post-workout with this luscious green smoothie.
Let me tell you, I have an obsession with tahini. I’ll add it to anything I can add it to, and it works so well in green smoothies. If you get unsalted fresh tahini butter, you’re in for a treat.
Also, during the past three weeks I’ve completely cut all sugars. That means: no bananas, honey, dates, maple syrup, and pretty much all fruit — except a green apple here and there.
It’s been green juice after green juice, day in, day out. I blend up celery, kale, spinach, lettuce, cucumber, green apple. Could I take yet another good-for-you green juice? I want a creamy treat, but with kicking the sugar habit, what kind of smoothie could I make?
Plus, I want matcha on the daily. So I thought to create a green smoothie that has both matcha and greens in it, adding tahini right into the mix. If you have an avocado, it’s a great healthy fat addition to replace the sugary banana.
MATCHA TAHINI GREEN SMOOTHIE
- 2 cups cold filtered water
- 1 cup cold fresh coconut water
- 1 large bunch of organic kale
- 1/2 head organic romaine lettuce
- 3 stalks of organic celery, chopped
- 2 green apples, cored and chopped
- 1/2 organic cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup of parsley
- juice 1 Meyer lemon/or regular lemon
- 2 spoonfuls tahini butter
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder (Japanese green tea powder)
- 1/2 avocado (optional)
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of turmeric
- stevia, to taste
- 1 scoop plant-based protein powder (without cane sugar) (optional)
Free Instagram Secrets
Use These 5 Tools to Grow Your Instagram